SITHGAM022 Provide Responsible Gambling Services

Course Name
SITHGAM022 Provide responsible gambilng service
Course Cost

Course Code
Is the course accredited?

Course length
3 Hrs 
CRICOS Provider
Yes – International Students Accepted

SITHGAM022 Provide Responsible Gambling Services

If you plan to work in an establishment that has any kind of gambling based services, you’ll need to be certified – with either a Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) certificate in most Australian states, or a Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) certificate in New South Wales. These training packages will provide you with the understanding and skills needed to be able to legally offer gambling based services to customers and patrons.

Skills Training College is a fully accredited Australian RTO, offering a range of training to the public, including the RSG & RCG courses. Whether you’re looking to work as a gaming attendant or simply waiting the floor of a gaming area, we can equip you with the skills and knowledge to provide gaming services to the public in a responsible way.

Course Calendar

LocationCourse TitleTraining BeginsPrice
(ex GST)

No matching courses available at this time.


Course FAQ’s

What is a gaming licence, and who needs one?

Any organisation or individual who works within the gaming industry – whether that’s through poker machines, horse racing, or a full casino – requires a gaming licence. Legally, you cannot conduct these activities in a workplace without having the appropriate gaming licenses in place.

What are RSG and RCG all about?

The Responsible Conduct of Gambling (in NSW) and Responsible Service of Gambling (all other states) courses are the industry training standard for workers providing gambling services. The course is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of safely and responsibly offering gambling and gaming services to the public. The course includes vital skills for working in such a role, such as identifying patrons struggling with gambling issues and intervening in a respectful, professional manner.

RSG or RSG are often taken together with an RSA or Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate, given that many licenced venues provide both gaming services and alcohol.

Do I need to have an RSG?

It’s pretty standard that in any venue where gambling services are part of the daily business, employees must have a valid RSG / RCG certificate. Many facilities throughout the hospitality sector have a gaming area – whether it’s a central part of your business (such as in a casino) or more of a minor entertainment provided to patrons (such as a pub or hotel that provides poker machines). Respectfully managing customers in these areas is an essential skill for many staff working in the hospitality sector. This could include:

  • The licensee
  • Gaming supervisors
  • Gaming managers
  • Gaming employees
Special Requirements for Responsible Gambling Services Certificate in Queensland

The Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland requires that staff involved with the provision of gambling services must hold a valid RSG certificate within three months of starting their employment in that role.

The official VET (Vocational Education and Training) standard for this is a statement of attainment in Provide responsible gambling services.

Do I personally need an RSG certificate?

Unfortunately, the answer for that changes depending on which state you’re looking to work in, as the different Australian states and territories have different requirements in place. Some regions (notably Queensland and New South Wales) tend to be very particularly strict about RSG / RCG standards, while others allow a grace period after commencing a role to obtain your certificate. It’s always worth knowing the standards that apply to your state or territory before applying to do any training course.

  • In New South Wales, Tasmania & Queensland, having your RCG or RSG is compulsory before commencing a role.
  • In Victoria & South Australia, you have 6 months from starting your employment to complete your RSG certificate.
  • In the Northern Territory, you have 3 months from commencing employment to get RSG certification.
  • In Western Australia, you don’t require RSG certification to work.
Do I need to get RSG / RCG before starting a role?

Although many states don’t require you to be certified in the Responsible Service of Gambling until after starting the role, it’s worth thinking about doing the training off your own back before applying for related Jobs. Many employers within the hospitality industry want staff who can immediately step into a role and hit the ground running. Having your RSG / RCG certificate ahead of time (and potentially your RSA Certificate as well) shows not only your commitment to the type of role but your ability to start working right away.

RSG / RCG training with Skills Training College is quite affordable, and if you’re working in any role that requires it, it can be easily claimed back on tax at the end of the financial year. So if you’re keen to work within the gaming industry (or even just to explore the option), there’s not a lot of reason to put it off.

Some other training certificates we offer in Australia:
  • White Card
  • RSA Certificate
  • Coffee Barista

Error: Contact form not found.